Saturday, January 23, 2010

Epic Moments in the Life of Kandace

So this story isn't awkward at all. K so there might be some awkward parts, but it was mostly just EPIC! So tonight was the institute opening social. It was fiesta themed and you could either eat nachos or a bean burrito. I had chips, a tortilla, and salsa (since I don't like beans). My friends and I were stuck sitting on the gym floor. It was entertaining. We then went home for a little bit until the dance started at 9:30. By this point the snow was coming down pretty hard so we took Wendy's car because it has four wheel drive. We ended up parking forever away and freezing our boot-ays off.
The dance ended up being a lot of fun. There were tons of people there and actually pretty good music (considering it was an institute dance). I saw lots of friends that I hadn't seen for awhile and meeting a few new people. Surprisingly the dance was a great success. The last song was a slow song (surprised? I'm not) and I ended up dancing with a boy from my institute class. He invited my friends and I to another dance party afterward, so we decided to be adventurous and try something new! We soon discovered that the nice little snow storm had turned into a blizzard!!!!
We decided we might as well still go. We went back to our apartment and at about 12:30, Wendy, Josefine, and I braved the blizzard. Wendy and Josefine both had coats, but I didn't want to deal with mine-so I was just in a t-shirt and jeans. Soon after we left, I got a text that said that the party was already over. So we turned around and headed back to the apartment. We were half a block away and all of the snow fell off the top of the car and onto her front wind shield and Wendy couldn't see a single thing! Super scary to say the least.
Wendy pulled over to the side of the road and realized that she was stuck. This is where the fun began. We all got out of the car and helper number one came and helped us. He was kind of...dumb. He fell completely down twice and then told Wendy to, "ride it out" which got her even more stuck! So he left. Out of the blue, helper number two walked up the sidewalk and gave us a skate board to try and shovel us out. It was very nice of her, but it didn't help much. Soon enough helper number three came our way. Helper number three ended up being my dear friend, Marshall, and his friend. I was ever so happy to see Marshall because I haven't seen him since like...November! Luckily they had chains. And Marshall let me wear his coat. Except Marshall kept running out of gas. That part was kind of funny. While Marshall and his friend were helping us, we had many other helpers come along. 3 more to be exact. One was even on a fourwheeler! Luckily we got out, thank you again Marshall!
The coolest part of the night...I got so much snow in my hair while we were stuck that I made a snow ball with it!!!! SO COOL! Overall-it was a night that I'll remember forever! Well worth the adventure!
Sorry this ended up being so long...it was just super epic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment