Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cleanin' Out the Closet

Anyone who has ever been in my apartment knows I have WAY too much stuff for such a small space to hold! But, I took a lot to my family when I saw them on Thursday.

Photobucket

Sad part is, 80% of that stuff I didn't even need with me here at school. Luckily, I am reaping the results of cleaning out (phase 1). My dresser has never been so clean! And it feels super good to be able to fit all of my clothes in their proper drawers!

Photobucket

Not only did I physically clean out the closet (and dresser) this week, I've realized that I need to clean out my life from all unnecessary stress. I've been feeling crummy about a lot of different things lately and just being super stressed over things that don't really need to be stressed over. A big thing that I've realized is that it is absolutely ridiculous to hold grudges. There is really no point. Sometimes, those we love will disappoint us; but we still love them, not because of their actions, but because of who they are, children of God. People will make mistakes, but just because someone makes a mistake, doesn't mean they are that mistake. I've realized that forgiveness plays a major role in having inner peace. So I challenge you all to clean out your closet of grudges and love everyone for who they are, not what they do!

"Charity is having patience with someone who has let us down. It is resisting the impulse to become offended easily. It is accepting weaknesses and shortcomings. It is accepting people as they truly are. It is looking beyond physical appearances to attributes that will not dim through time. It is resisting the impulse to categorize others."
-President Thomas S. Monson

1 comment:

  1. It is sometimes really hard to not hold grudges... I know that I do it. Its not bad to not forget about what had hurt you before. You are right in that people are children of God, but some will never change and you cant help that. They need to realize that the mistakes they made will affect their lives forever and somethings just cant be taken back.

    ReplyDelete