Monday, March 28, 2011

Change is Oh So Good!

In my life lately, I have been making weekly goals. At the beginning of the semester, my goals were kinda silly and I basically just challenged myself to talk to boys! But my goals have become more and more serious as the semester has gone on. This is all a part of my theory that you make your own happiness, which requires a lot of effort on your part (as I keep having to remind myself).

One goal is actually one I've kind of had my whole life, but I've never been really good at it. The goal is to keep a journal and to write in it regularly. My mom got me the coolest journal ever. It's called One Line A Day:

Photobucket

In this journal you just have to write a simple paragraph about the main events of each day. This takes off all the pressure to give every detail! It has each day for the span of five years lined up on the same page, so at the end of five years, it'll be really easy to compare!

Photobucket

My goal this week is to take matters into my own hands and not just coast along life. I'm trying to be more open with everyone by sharing my honest feelings. It's only been two days of this, but I kinda like it! (even though it's super duper scary!!!!!) Along with taking matters into my own hands, I decided I needed to update my hair.

Photobucket

Love it!!! I think it makes me look quite mature if I do say so myself!

So I know my current goals are still kind of silly, but it's been so much fun to make small improvements each week! I look forward to looking back at this time in my life and realizing how much I've grown and changed from these stepping stone goals. And besides, it feels good to actually accomplish something!

"Goals give you more than a reason to get up in the morning; they are an incentive to keep you going all day. Goals tend to tap the deeper resources and draw the best out of life." - Harvey Mackay



3 comments:

  1. I love that journal too! I love love love the hair. love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny the two people I have told about that journal love it and use it...I am yet to start, but I will love it when I do...
    Guess what Kandace, I love your hair too.
    Have a great week!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete