Sunday, May 29, 2011

All Girls Are Princesses!

On Friday night, I finished hangin with my friends and I wasn't tired at all, even though it was midnight-ish. So I decided to watch a movie on Netflix. (Which is the most brilliant invention ever!). I decided on A Little Princess. I had never seen this beautiful movie, but I'm so grateful I did! This movie is about a young girl named Sara and all of her struggles. She had everything taken away from her and was treated so horribly but always knew she was a princess, and that all girls are princesses. She lived her life in such a way that proved she knew of her Divine Nature. She treated all with kindness and she kept a great outlook on life!

Photobucket

Then on Saturday night, I watched my high school's junior prom. (Yes, the whole town attends small town proms.) My dear friend Sydney's little sister won prom queen. Her name is Emily. Emily has had a learning disability her entire life. Although she struggles with some things, she is the sweetest, most positive girl I know. She is always so happy and full of life. She behaves just like a princess and looks like one too! I was so happy for her when she won! She is so beautiful inside out. Just one look at her proves her Divinity.

Photobucket

Like Emily, I had my turn as prom queen back in the day. It's funny though, because so many girls dream up of being the prom queen, of having a chance at royalty, but in all reality it doesn't really matter. What matters is knowing that all girls are princesses no matter what. We are all daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us ever so much. He wants us to be happy forever and we can achieve that happiness by striving to live righteously everyday.

Photobucket

I was able to spend my weekend with this little princess! Her name is Annalyn and she is my cousin's baby. She happens to be a twin and she is the most precious baby I have ever seen. She is a gift straight from Heaven. Although she can't even walk or talk yet, she is still a princess. Her sweet Spirit radiates to all who see her and I just know that she is going to be absolutely spectacular when she grows up.


After watching Annalyn this weekend, I realized how much potential we each have because of our Divine Nature. As I said before, worldly royalty is a silly thought, what matters most is knowing who you are and where you come from and what you can become. Make sure you strive to live everyday like the princess you are and treat others as royalty as well.

"I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young. They're still princesses. All of us."
-Sara (From A Little Princess)

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE this!!! A Little Princess is probably one of my all time favorite movies.. :] annnnnd i miss you face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this as well! Makes me think of President Uchtdorf's talk on Princesses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I never commented on this post! I loved it! You are so sweet! Miss you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete