Thursday, March 11, 2010

You Can't Always Get What You Want

I love the television show called Glee and on their first season finale they sang a remake of the Rolling Stone's song called You Can't Always Get What You Want. In the chorus it says, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you might find you get what you need." SO TRUE!

I recently applied to be a Resident Assistant here on campus and I was really really hoping to get the job. Turns out I was picked as an alternate, meaning that if one of the hired RA's decides they don't want the job anymore, I may or may not get it. At first, I was super bummed. But tonight I went to a meeting about being an alternate and found out that there were only 11 new RA's and 11 alternates out of like 90 applicants! So even being an alternate is pretty good. I also found out that there is a high chance of eventually being an RA, but no guarantees. At this meeting, we were informed about lots of leadership opportunities that we as alternates can take too. Needless to say, I feel a lot better about everything, and even though I didn't get exactly what I wanted, this will be a chance for me to learn a lot and just have faith that everything will work out how it's supposed to! (It always does)

No comments:

Post a Comment